With the possibility of achieving several goals at once your company can benefit from sponsorship in many ways, including:
- Enhancing Your Image/Shaping Consumer Attitudes. Sponsorships improve how your target audience perceives your business. Sponsoring events that appeal to your market are very likely to shape buying attitudes and generate a positive reaction. Supporting the right events can influence consumer opinions about your product or business.
- Driving Sales. Sponsorship geared to driving sales can be an extremely potent promotional tool. This objective allows sponsors to showcase their product attributes. On-site selling and sampling opportunities puts your product directly into a consumers hands while they’re enjoying time with family and friends at an event. Food and beverage companies often use sponsorship to encourage samplings and sales. Often the result is a significant rise in sales volume.
- Creating positive publicity/heightening visibility Every sponsor is seeking wide exposure in both electronic and print media. Positive publicity helps create heightened visibility of products/services. Coverage of the event may include sponsors names and/or photos. In addition, the kind of media coverage a sponsor may get is often unaffordable if the company were to think of purchasing it, and if it were available. To maximize this objective, it is important for the sponsoring company to have a comprehensive media campaign to augment the regular media coverage promoted by the organizers. Sponsorship can often generate media coverage that might otherwise not have been available.
- Differentiating from competitors The mere act of sponsoring an event, especially an exclusive sponsorship, is a significant way to create competitor differentiation. Your company name has the opportunity to stand out head and shoulders above the competition. This is particularly helpful if your company wants to combat a competitor with a larger ad budget. Sponsorship allows smaller companies to compete with their industry giants. Target audiences often perceive sponsorship in a positive way. They see you as making a greater effort to support the event, often allowing more or better activities to take place as a result of your sponsorship.
- Being a “good neighbor.” Your company will be seen supporting the community and contributing to its economic development. That is extremely powerful and creates enormous goodwill.
- Enhancing business, consumer and VIP relations. Sponsorship can offer perks such as special exclusive networking settings such as VIP receptions or event tickets – opportunities to meet key customers and solidify business relationships.
It is important to evaluate each opportunity and look for ways it could tie into your marketing objectives. Given the propensity of consumers to associate sponsors with the event they promote, it is important for companies to select events that are appropriate with their product or corporate image. We at the Spot On Media Group have years of experience placing the right sponsor with the proper event. Let us show you how we can do the same for you.